Selling your home
We’re currently processing all resale applications but, to reflect Government guidance, we’ve made a few changes to some of our steps for selling your home.
If you're already selling your home through us, or looking to sell, we'll ask you to provide a video tour of your home so that potential buyers can view it virtually in the first instance. You can find a guide to making a video here.
These tours will form part of our property listings on the Sovereign Living website and help purchasers decide whether they wish to carry out an in-person viewing.
If a potential buyer has seen the property listing and video tour and would like to carry out a viewing (see guidelines below), they can contact you directly to arrange this, using the contact details on our Sovereign Living website.
Guidelines for viewings, based on Government advice:
- Viewings should only be conducted by appointment.
- All viewings should be limited to members of the purchaser’s household and minimised to those who absolutely have to be there. If you have small children with you, please keep them from touching surfaces and make sure they wash their hands regularly.
- We recommend that the seller waits outside the property (if they’re comfortable to do so) or makes sure that social distancing guidelines are followed.
- We recommend that the seller leaves all lights on and all doors and windows are opened.
- Viewers should avoid touching all surfaces - this includes light switches, door and window handles, kitchen units, worktops and bathroom fittings.
- Viewers should leave all doors open and lights on as they walk around the property.
- If the seller or any interested purchaser feels unwell or has any symptoms of Covid-19, then please cancel the viewing.
After the viewing, if a buyer is interested in your home they should complete a financial assessment to make sure it’s affordable - and forward this to firstname.lastname@example.org. They should also ensure they are registered with Help to Buy, and have registered their interest in your property on the Help to Buy platform.
Please note: Our dedicated Resales team aim to review returned financial assessments after 5 days of a property being listed so we’d encourage potential purchasers to complete a financial assessment as soon as possible.
Our dedicated Resales team will also keep you updated throughout this process.
Selling your home with an estate agent
If we haven’t been able to put forward a purchaser within our nomination period, you still have the option to go to an agent.
If you’d like to do this, please contact our Resales team on 0300 330 0718 or email@example.com