Buying your home
With the latest government advice on purchasing your home during the outbreak of Covid-19, all businesses involved in the home buying process – such as financial advisors, surveyors, solicitors and ourselves – are having to adapt and be flexible in their usual processes to accommodate individual situations. As such, if you are already in the process of buying your home with us, we have made a few changes to some of our steps:
Reserving your home
- As part of our reservation process there is a £250 fee to secure your new home and for us to begin conveyancing between your solicitor and ours. Should your circumstances change due to Covid-19 after you have reserved your new home and you are no longer able to continue with your purchase, we want to assure you we will refund your reservation fee in full.
- If you already have a mortgage offer and it expires before your home is ready to move into or if you are unable to because of Covid-19, the government has asked mortgage lenders to consider ways to extend their offer to you. We can help you through this time and would ask that you talk to us so that alongside your financial advisor, we can see what options are open to you.
- If you are due to complete on your home in the next few weeks our Sales Consultant will be in touch to discuss the next steps and how we can continue safely with handing over your keys. We have adopted a stricter protocol for completions that involves;
- Having a briefing call with you before the handover so you know what to expect
- Taking meter readings before the handover along with photos of these to share with you
- Ensuring we meet only the purchasers of the home at completion
- Maintaining social distancing requirements at all times
- The safe handling of keys and documents.
We appreciate that this may all be new to you, and our sales consultants are still available on the phone and on email to answer any questions you might have.
You can read the latest Government advice on moving home during this time here.