To complete your reservation you will need to complete Anti-Money Laundering checks. To ensure that this is done in a safe and convenient way for you we use a market leading third party provider of ID checks, Thirdfort.
Thirdfort provides a secure app based solution that allows clients to remotely verify their identity, taking away the need for you to bring in or send in ID documents. The app is available on both smartphones and tablets and should take you no longer than 3-4 minutes, but if you do not have a smartphone or tablet, Thirdfort can offer alternative solutions.
Thirdfort will need 6 months bank statements and a form of acceptable ID, but below is a list of example documents that may be requested:
1. One form of photographic identification, from the following:
- Valid passport
- Valid driving license
- Valid firearms license
2. Proof of address, from the following:
- Utility bill (dated within the last 6 months)
- Bank/Building Society statement (dated within the last 3 months)
- Most recent mortgage statement
- Driving license (cannot be used if already presented as photo ID)
- Council tax bill
- Bank or Building Society official
- Doctor/ Dentist
- Chartered Accountant
- Teacher/ Lecturer
- Independent Financial Advisor
- Post Office certification
3. Proof of funds
Whether or not you are using a mortgage to buy your home, we are required to secure proof of where your funds have come from. This might be from the sale of a previous property, money gifted to you, or through the sale of other items, shares, cryptocurrencies etc, but you will need to prove (with the relevant statements) how that money came to you.
If you are using a mortgage to buy your home we will need to see a mortgage agreement in principle (AiP) along with proof of your deposit, which may be a bank or building society statement.
If you are using proceeds from the sale of an existing property to form your deposit or purchase your new home without a mortgage, we will need to see:
- A copy of the memorandum of sale for your existing/recently-sold property
- A current mortgage statement, or
- In the event there is no outstanding mortgage, we will require a mortgage redemption statement or the Title from HM Land Registry
If you are being gifted your deposit we will need to see the following from those who are gifting the deposit*
- A letter confirming that the deposit has been gifted to you - this letter needs to state the amount being gifted, and needs to be signed by the person gifting the deposit
- Proof of the deposit, which may be a bank or building society statement
- Identity checks in accordance with step 1 and 2
*If monies sit within a joint account, then we will require to carry out due diligence identification checks for both parties