Application is a word you may hear a lot in the Shared Ownership process. Make sure you know how the application process works; there are 2 simple steps.
01. Complete an application form
To start your application, you will need to complete an application form.
To be eligible for Shared Ownership;
- You need to have a gross household income of less than £80,000 per annum
- You must not own another property (although you can apply if sold subject to contract)
- You must be 18 years old or older.
A local connection may also be required. For example, you may need to live or work within the area. For properties with this connection requirement, you will be asked to provide evidence of how you meet the criteria.
02. Contact our Mortgage Advisors and arrange a financial assessment
Next, you will need to speak to one of our expert panel of Mortgage Advisors to arrange a financial assessment.
You will be asked to complete a 10 minute, over the phone assessment and provide information to confirm that you are eligible for Shared Ownership, and that your chosen property is affordable for you.
Once completed this is passed to our Sales Consultants. They will be in touch to confirm if we can offer you a property and what the next steps will be.
The application process can take up to 4 weeks, we will contact you as soon as it is completed.